Tag Archives: decorating
I recently bought a new tote handbag in cobalt blue leather and it works with literally almost everything I wear, particularly white and tan.
(Incidentally it’s by Orciani, fabulous soft leather and not crazy prices).
Anyway it got me thinking about using cobalt blue paint on a piece of furniture and how it would sit within the home.
I came to the conclusion that I think it would sit pretty well and would add some wow factor to your space.
Previously I’d associated the colour with somewhere hot and glamorous like Santorini or Ibiza, with white washed walls and Ikat rugs but actually I think it sits just as well in a modern or traditional home.
My favourite piece is this bureau by Ralph Lauren below, hoping to emulate this look very soon..
Until next time..
Terrified of using colour in your home?
A great way of introducing a bright colour into your home is through a piece of painted furniture.
The brighter the colour, the stronger the impact.
Painted furniture is the perfect way to enliven and modernise a space.
Bringing colour into your home creates interest and adds personality.
So this week I thought I’d jump in feet first with the colour bright green.
Here are some inspirational pics for you.
Until next time..
Leave a comment | tags: chalk paint, decorating, green, green furniture, home decor, interior design, luxe upcycling, painted furniture, painting, vintage furniture, vintage style | posted in Interiors, Uncategorized
Transform your dining chairs with black paint.
Works particularly well on spindle back chairs.
A splash of black brings definition to any room, particularly if it’s decorated in neutral hues.
If a pine chest of drawers is adorned with glass handles it shouts “Buy me!”.
So naturally I did.
This gorgeous set also has beautiful turned feet and particularly lovely proportions.
I painted the body using a white chalk paint then chose complimentary muddy colours for the drawer fronts.
Waxed and moderately distressed finish.
Currently for sale – £295.00
Until next time..
Leave a comment | tags: chalk paint, chest of drawers, country homes, decorating, interiors, painted furniture, pine chest of drawers, upcycling, vintage furniture | posted in Hand Painted Furniture, Uncategorized
Navy blue furniture is having a moment.
I recently painted a few pieces using Autentico’s Sailors Blue and needless to say they didn’t hang around for long.
Here are said pieces:
Navy furniture isn’t just for preppy or nautical themed rooms, it lends a sophisticated edge to a room and is compatible with so many colours ranging from salmon to chartreuse.
I am a huge fan of this colour and wouldn’t hesitate to use it in any room.
Here are some more decorating ideas:
Leave a comment | tags: autentico paint, autentico sailors blue, chalk paint, country homes, decorating, homes, interior design, interiors, navy, navy furniture, ralph lauren | posted in Interiors, Uncategorized
Pale pink paint needn’t be confined to the bedroom walls of young girls across the nation, it also looks very cool on living room walls.
Unexpected? Yes but surprisingly grown-up and works with a whole spectrum of colours ranging from your soft greys and rose golds to contrasting colours such as forest green and amber.
It also has the additional benefit of being extremely flattering.
And according to Pantone, Rose Quartz is the hot colour for 2016.
Think I could jump on this trend.
- Pretty stencilled vintage wardrobe hand painted with a combination of bone, black and plum paints then finished with white wax and a wash of inky blue for the interior. 124 cm H x 85 cm W x 46 cm Dp £325.00 Swipe for full pics #stencil #vintagefurniture #paintedwardrobes #upcycledfurniture #chalkpaintedfurniture #chalkpaint #wardrobe #bedroom #home #homedecor #inspo #style #nursery #childrensfurnitureFull pics tomorrow as I’m losing the light but rather chuffed with this one #vintagefurniture #paintedwardrobes #upcycledfurniture #chalkpaintedfurniture #chalkpaint #stencil
- Follow Sally White Designs on WordPress.com
- Pretty stencilled vintage wardrobe hand painted with a combination of bone, black and plum paints then finished wit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Full pics tomorrow as I’m losing the light but rather chuffed with this one #vintagefurniture #paintedwardrobes… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Just arrived, a pair of elegant vintage brass and glass side tables with reeded legs. 41 cm h x 45 cm w x 45 cm dp… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- New/Old vintage chest of drawers I bought to house the tv, and just arrived a pair of vintage brass and glass side… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Just collected a small wardrobe very similar size to this one I painted a few weeks ago. It has plain doors, intern… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
Sally White on Latest Painting Projects. Laura Reynolds on Latest Painting Projects. Julie on Fashion Friday – Gucci B… Queen K on Fashion Friday – Wa… saradiz on Fashion Friday – Wa…
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013